Date:      Tue, 07 Mar 2006 18:38:43 -0500
From:      "Alexandre \"Sunny\" Kovalenko" <Alex.Kovalenko@verizon.net>
To:        Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: apple bluetooth keyboard

On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 10:24 -0800, Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
> Dear Bluetooth Users,
>
> i now own apple bluetooth keyboard. i had a minute to spare and tried
> bthidd(8) and bthidcontrol(8) with the most recent changes by Markus
> Brueffer.
<snip>
> 2) for whatever reason, right shift does not work. both left and right
> ctrl, alt and left shift work as expected
It works on mine (-CURRENT from February 13). Does it work for you at
all (e.g. Mac OS, Windows)?

<snip>
> everything else seems to be working just fine.
<alt><tab> combination in Gnome does something odd -- window switch box
disappears as soon as you release <tab> without releasing <alt>. I did
not investigate it much further though.

> another minor issue, which has nothing to do with, bthidd(8) or
> bthidcontrol(8), is pairing procedure. it is not very user friendly,
> because there is no indication as to when user should type pin code on
> the keyboard. this can be addresses by teaching hcsecd(8) to use
> external processes to obtain pin codes. hcsecd(8) could call external
> process that will display dialog to the user and request pin code.
I know it is ugly, but running hcidump and typing in PIN and Enter when
you see PIN request going out and stalling did the trick ;)

> now, when kbdmux(4) was fully integrated into -current and releng_6 it
> should be much more easier to use bluetooth keyboards with freebsd.

> thanks,
> max
Thank you very much for doing this work!

--
Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko (Олександр Коваленко)