Date:      Mon, 15 Jun 1998 11:32:08 -0500
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@ver1.telmex.net.mx>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   natd between internet and local network

I have the following

internet > ed1-gateway-ed0 > internal network

I have only 1 ip so I am testing natd.  The kernel
has IPFIREWALL and IPDIVERT the rc.conf has the
firewall defined as open.
The end result of the commands in the rc.firewall
is that I can't even access the internet from the
gateway.  I have tried the commands as in the
natd man page that are more or less the same as
the rc.firewall and should work as a basic config.

natd -l -interface ed1
ipfw -f flush
ipfw add divert natd all from any to any via ed1
ipfw add pass all from any to any

no luck.  The only way I can even get out from
the gateway is erasing the ipfw add divert line.

Thanks

ed