Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2000 02:10:03 +1000
From:      "Jeff Fulton" <jefff@fulton.net.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   USB ethernet adapter from @Home

I'm trying to get one of these to function under 4.0-stable.

If the device is inserted at boot, dmesg reports:

Device:  @Home USB to Ethernet Adapter (0x0003)
Vendor: @Home Networks (0x0565)
Revision: 0x0002

I believe it's actually a PERACOM adapter (from the 0x565 vendor ID), but
the device type (0x3) is not one that is defined under PERACOM
in/usr/src/sys/dev/usbdevs.h (Only 1, 2 and 5 are listed).

Internal inspection shows it to be a Kawasaki chipset, so the kue driver
should probably do the trick.

Am I correct in assuming that I need to add entries to usbdevs.h,
usbdevs_data.h and if_kue.c and rebuild a kernel.  Or can I do all that is
necessary by adding an entry usbd.conf, something like:

device "@Home USB to Ethernet Adapter"
      product 0x0003
      vendor  0x0565
      release 0x0002