Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 2002 11:06:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
To:        Chuck Tuffli <chuck_tuffli@agilent.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SIM as loadable module?

On Sun, 17 Nov 2002, Chuck Tuffli wrote:
>     case XPT_PATH_INQ:
>     {
>         cpi->bus_id = bus;

Shouldn't this be:
          cpi->bus_id = cam_sim_bus(sim);
(of course, I don't know what the type of "bus" is in this context)

>         cpi->initiator_id = cpi->max_target + 1;

Does this accurately reflect the card's settings?  Some SIMs I've seen do
a device-specific call to read the card's id (in your case,
fcPortGetInfo?).  I guess your approach should be necessary in the FC case
since your position in the chain can change when you get a LIP.

The rest looks fine.

-Nate