Date:      Wed, 18 Nov 1998 21:00:37 -0800
From:      Eric Hodel <hodeleri@seattleu.edu>
To:        Misty Linville <linvilmd@grace.edu>
Cc:        "freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 3.0 install not saving kernel configuration

I don't believe that it saves the kernel when it reboots after install, but if
you change them back after install they should be saved.  You may want to build
a custom kernel to get rid of the extra unneeded devices, and you can set up all
of your proper interrupts and io in the kernel.

Eric Hodel
hodeleri@seattleu.edu