Date:      Wed, 24 Aug 2005 11:48:19 +0200
From:      Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@le-hen.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        deischen@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, lists@nbux.com
Subject:   Re: nagios and freebsd threads issue : help please ...

Hi all

> > This is funny, because nagios apparently runs properly on Linux, HPUX,
> > Solaris, Irix, AIX and Tru64. To me that seems to indicate that Nagios
> > is very portable indeed and that the BSD fellows somehow botched it. I
> > might be wrong, but...
>
> Just because it works doesn't make it standards conforming.
>
> Maybe there's some simple extension that can be implemented to help
> the situation.

It seems the main problem of the Nagios developper seems to be they
would need to rewrite a big part of their current implementation.
I'm not sure however this is mandatory.  I wonder if the so-told
pthread_atfork() handler wouldn't be a quick solution to address the
problem.  Sorry if it's dumb.

Regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen