Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 1999 07:56:48 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Chuck is cute

Christian Weisgerber wrote:

> I spent Saturday at the "Journes du Libre" (Free Software Days) at
> Strasbourg. Organized by the local Linux user group, the event was
> mostly concerned with Linux. So I brought my daemon plushie along (the
> 30cm one you can order from www.freibergnet.de). This proved to be a
> great way to break the ice, people were instantly smitten by Chuck's
> inherent cuteness.

That Website appears to be only in German, do you know if there's an
English language site that sells those plushies?

> On a somewhat related note, ScotGold Products from Scotland sell 25x25mm
> daemon badges that you can stick on your PC. However, as far as I can
> figure from their website, the minimum order is 250, which is a tad more
> than I expect to need anytime soon. Are these available anywhere
> (preferably in Europe) in more reasonable quantities, say a strip of 10
> or so?

I think you've mis-read the Website. The 250 minimum order refers to
*customized* PC badges (http://www.scotgold.com/Prices.htm) . There
standard range are available singly, take a look at
http://www.scotgold.com/Daemon.htm , 35p each for *upto* 499 badges.

HTH