Date:      13 Sep 2005 15:29:18 -0400
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-ports-local@be-well.ilk.org>
To:        Josh Endries <jendries@pragmeta.com>,  ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Possible problem with net/freeradius port (deleted configuration files)

Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org> writes:

> On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 02:50:01PM -0400, Josh Endries wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > A few minutes ago I did upgraded freeradius via "make deinstall &&
> > make reinstall". It upgraded fine but in the process deleted all of
> > my config files and put sample files back in. Maybe it's supposed to
> > do this and my upgrade method is flawed, but I can't remember this
> > happening elsewhere so I'm letting you know. :)
>
> If true, this would be a serious bug.  Unfortunately the port is
> unmaintained, which means no-one is "on the spot" for fixing it.  It
> would be nice if someone could do so though.

It would also seem to mean the pkg-plist is wrong.
For which I did a quick test, and it doesn't seem to be the case.
The port will remove its configuration directory (/usr/local/etc/raddb
by default) if empty, but not otherwise, and it only installs or
removes the sample files (with the suffix ".sample").

What are the config files that were deleted?