Date:      26 Apr 2002 17:28:39 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Tuc <tuc@ttsg.com>
Cc:        Ben Lovett <blovett@bsdguru.com>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dell 8200 - NVIDIA GeForce4 440 Go - XF86

On Fri, 2002-04-26 at 17:49, Tuc wrote:

> > > 	So its just suggested to go to /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4 and
> > > do my thing there, then go back to the doco and "make clean && make patch, etc".
> > > Correct?
> >
> > Correct.
> >
> 	Good news and bad news.
>
> 	Good news is I finally got through it all.
>
> 	Bad news is I tried to use xf86cfg and got a TINY TINY TINY screen.
> I couldn't CTRL-ALT-+ to switch around to any other screens. I futzed with
> it and got something TINY TINY, so I have hope... :)
>
> 	How do I find out the V/H on the screen?

This is the same problem I saw.  Use xf86cfg to get things like the
keyboard and mouse right, then set the resultion to 1600x1200 in
XF86Config.  Note what I say in my article that anything less than
1600x1200 resulted in the effect you're seeing now.  Check out my
example XF86Config in the article if you need more guidance.

On the bright side, 1600x1200 looks awesome on my 8100.

Joe

--
PGP Key: http://www.marcuscom.com/pgp.asc