Date:      01 Aug 2000 10:50:27 +0200
From:      Roland Jesse <jesse@mail.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Terratec XLerate soundcard

From the attic:

Alexander Matey <matey@cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:

> In sys/conf/files find a line with aureal.c and uncomment it. Include
> "device pcm" in your kernel config. Rebuild the kernel.
>
> This driver supports single playback channel at 48000 bps only for
> Vortex1 based soundcards. It's disabled by default.

That worked fairly well and survived a couple of cvsups and
buildworlds. But after switching to the new and recommended way of
upgrading (i.e. building kernel using "make buildkernel") I am back
to the "Can't open /dev/dsp!" messages.

The aureal.c line in sys/conf/files is not commented out and I did do
a "sh MAKEDEV all" in /dev.

Did I miss something?

        Roland