Date:      Fri, 7 Oct 2011 12:30:20 +0200
From:      Ulrich =?utf-8?B?U3DDtnJsZWlu?= <uqs@spoerlein.net>
To:        Arnaud Lacombe <lacombar@gmail.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, Andriy Gapon <avg@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: my git development snapshot(s)

On Wed, 2011-09-28 at 00:29:46 -0400, Arnaud Lacombe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 5:14 AM, Andriy Gapon <avg@freebsd.org> wrote:
> >
> > Just decided to follow the global trends and trying to throw all of my
> > local/private changes at you in hope that the "crowd-sourcing magic" might
> > somehow happen :-)  This seems definitely easier than carefully producing the
> > patch files and keeping them up-to-date.
> >
> > So, my newly cloned gitorious repository:
> > https://gitorious.org/~avg/freebsd/avgbsd
> >
> and mine:
>
> https://github.com/lacombar/freebsd/branches
>
> not much stuff for now, but should fill up in the next few days. This
> a fork from the freebsd/freebsd.git tree on github, with only stable
> branches in it (ie. none of the >2k branches of the original clone),
> plus my stuff.

I think deleting the cvs2svn/vendor branch refs on github.com is the way
to go. They'll still be converted and available from
git.freebsd.your.org, just not pushed to github. This should unclutter
the UI a bit (I think keeping user/ and projects/ is nice, as people can
comment on commits that way).

Cheers,
Uli