Date:      Wed, 25 Sep 1996 08:52:57 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Guido van Rooij <Guido.vanRooij@nl.cis.philips.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   new if_vx driver in incoming on freefal

I've put a new version of the if_vx (5c59*) driver on:
	ftp://freefall.freebsd.org/pub/incoming/newif_vx.tgz

This driver should work (I hope) for every 2.1.5R system. I believe
the patches posted earlier to hackers to be able to use it with
FreeBSD-current still apply.

With this driver the 'hanging card in OACTIVE' should b fixed without
the gross hack I introduced earlier. I am planning to implement a fix
for the early revision adapters. These are not identified by my driver,
but the old (original if_vx)  way of identifying them was *correct*.
The bug might result in overrun errors.

I want to thank the NetBSD and OpenBSD projects because the driver basically
is theirs, with 2 small (though essential) bugfixes.

Please get back to me in case of problems.

-Guido