Date:      Sun, 1 Aug 1999 07:27:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@hamell.hpc1.com>
To:        bitter@noah.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Need comparative data

> 	Newbie Q:"What's the difference between Linux and FreeBSD?"
> 	  Guru A:"It all depends on what you want and even if I knew
> 		the answer I would not tell you because I refuse to
> 		lower myself by getting involved in a religious OS war."

	Obviously you've not read enough....:) Most all the messages I see
go like this;

	Newbie; Why is FreeBSD Linux better?
	Guru; FreeBSD is not Linux it's based off of the BSD operating
system while Linux is based off the System V/Minix system. They're both
good operating systems, but FreeBSD is better for servers, high loads and
general networking while Linux is good for the desktop. But, FreeBSD runs
most Linux programs faster then Linux itself. It's also being developed by
professional software engineers (for the most part,) while Linux is really
being developed by a bunch of high school and college kids with little
real-world programming experience.

						Rick