Date:      Fri, 03 Jul 2009 17:21:11 -0400
From:      "Aryeh M. Friedman" <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   local ports

My site has a number of tools we have written for internal use only and
want to make it so all one has to do to set a new machine up with these
tools and the standard ports needed is rune portmaster on our local
meta-port... what is the right way of setting this up (I have a local
cvsup repo)?

Note: If I am the unofficial co-maintainer of a port (devel/aegis) [i.e.
it was added at my request by the maintainer because at the time I
didn't know how to make a proper port and have the email transcript to
prove it) and my co-maintainer has timed out on a update request
(unoffical) how do I a) make the change and get it committed and b) take
maintainership?