Date:      Mon, 19 Nov 2001 01:13:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mark Miller <joup@bigfoot.com>
To:        Eric Anholt <eanholt@gladstone.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: getting the most out of OpenGL

Thanks for the response.  I've been doing a little more research and
apparently there is a driver (NVdriver), available for linux and XF86 4.x,
that provides excellent 3d performance.  The downside is that it appears
to require a module in the kernel, which, I presume, makes it very
linux-specific.  But I'm wondering-- will FreeBSD's Linux API handle this
sort of thing, even for kernel modules?

The other issue-- how hard is it to have two XF86 installs (3.3.6 and
4.1) side by side?

Thanks
Mark