Date:      Thu, 23 Jul 1998 00:35:01 +0900
From:      Motoyuki Konno <motoyuki@snipe.rim.or.jp>
To:        Wolfram Schneider <wosch@cs.tu-berlin.de>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New structure of the Web Server and documentation

Hi,

Wolfram Schneider <wosch@cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
> There are more and more translations (japanese, spanish, etc.) of the
> FreeBSD documentation. We need to restructure our web server.
>
> old location  		new location
>
> www/data/ja_JP.EUC  	www/ja
> www/data/tutorials  	doc/en/tutorials
>
> www/data		www/en

I think the following structure would be better.

  www/data/             English version
  www/data/ja           Japanese version
  www/data/??           other versions

Because:

1.  English version is original.

2.  We (Japanese doc team) assume that English version of Web files
    are placed at one level higher than Japanese WWW files.

    Since English version of WWW contains many many files, we cannot
    translate all of them.

    For example,

    www/data/releases/index.html
        This file contains a link to www/data/releases/2.0R/notes.html.

    www/data/ja_JP.EUC/releases/index.html
        This file should contain a link to
        www/data/ja_JP.EUC/releases/2.0R/notes.html, but we have
        no plan to translate releases/2.0R/*.
        So this file contains a link to
        www/data/releases/2.0R/notes.html (English version).

---
Motoyuki Konno @ FreeBSD Japanese Documentation Project