Date:      Thu, 27 Aug 1998 11:41:07 -0400
From:      Ira Cooper <ilcooper@fandago.read.tasc.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Improving Linux Emulation, XBF Server.

Hello,

	I'm interested in getting RedHat's XBF server running on my
FreeBSD -STABLE laptop.  I can probably do the development work needed
to do this, (I actually had the server up but not able to receieve
keystrokes at one point, but I don't have the source from it any more,
besides it only took one night ;-)

	What I'd like to know is, if I emulate the needed ioctl's and
iopl on -STABLE could someone help me port this forward to -CURRENT,
because I don't have a -CURRENT machine and I'd like for the changes to
make 2.2.8 if possible, so I know they need to be tested in -CURRENT.

        Any help or advice is apprecated, if there's interest if/when I
get back to the point where I can bring the server up w/o keyboard
support, I can post patches/diffs for review and help.

	Hardware info: I have a Libretto 100CT, with 64MB Ram and 2gb
of disk.  It has a 3COM 589D, and a Practical Perphial's 56k modem in
it's slots most of the time.

	 Thanks,

	 -Ira

BTW: If your going to help, I recommend you have some other way to get on
the laptop other than console so, when you hose the console you can shut
down the machine cleanly. It makes the process MUCH faster.