Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 2002 10:15:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      twig les <twigles@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Incredibly slow network performance - SOLVED

It *was* an IRQ conflict, which I checked by doing
"dmesg | grep irq".  After seeing my card at irq 3, I
grepped again just for irq 3 and found sio1 and an
unknown pci sharing it.

So I went into /etc/defaults/pccard.conf and saw a
line that said:

irq [tab] 3 5 10 11 15

I created the file /etc/pccard.conf and added one line
only (I have a built-in sound card, in which case
/etc/defaults/pccard.conf suggested removing irq 5):

irq [tab] 10 11 15

Then rebooted and magic happened.  Hopefully this
helps some lost googlers!

--- "Kevin Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>

=====