Date:      Wed, 25 Mar 1998 19:04:18 -0600
From:      "Denny Reiter" <denny@kewanee.net>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re:  Let's compare notes

The first thing I typed was 'dir'!

Then I scrounged up an old Slackware book my brother had left lying around
and just started trying various things.

I've advanced a bit in the last month.  I did my first 'make world' last
Thursday.
Last night, after 127 hours, it locked up and I had to reboot.  I guess that
will teach me to try to do anything on a 386SX-25 w/ 6meg of memory ;-)  But
it makes a great learning experience.

Denny Reiter
denny@kewanee.net