Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 2000 14:45:11 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Nils Holland <nils@frozenfeelings.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Xaw3d problem

Well, I wanted to install a port (/math/siag) that requires Xaw3d. I've
recently updated my ports collection and I've succesfully installed siag
on another machine and when I did so it said that I had to update my
libtool first (in order to get Xaw3d running). Now, when I wanted to
install siag on the 2nd machine, I updated the libtool first, since I
already knew that I would have to do it.
The problem starts here: Siag needs Xaw3d. When I go to
/usr/ports/x11-toolkids/Xaw3d and do make and make install, it all seems
to run more or less without problem. But when I cd to /usr/ports/math/siag
and make siag, it says that Xaw3d was not installed. I thought I'd go and
deinstall Xaw3d and then re-install it. But going to the appropriate ports
dir and saying make deinstall, I get the following message:

file /usr/X11R6/lib/Xaw3d.so doesn't really exist
file /usr/X11R6/lib/Xaw3d.so.6 doesn't really exist
couldn't entirely delete package (perhaps the packing list is incorrectly
specified?)

This suggests that, for whatever reason, Xaw3d didn't really install
itself properly, although I did not see any error messages during its
install-process.

What could be wrong? Do I need to pay attention to something special when
installing Xaw3d? Or could it be releated to my newly installed
libtool?

Any help is welcome,
Nils