Date:      Wed, 6 Jul 2011 18:28:46 +0300
From:      Igor Anishchuk <igor.anishchuk@gmail.com>
To:        "Vogel, Jack" <jack.vogel@intel.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>, Andrew Boyer <aboyer@averesystems.com>
Subject:   Re: ixgbe> vlan addition and removal brings the interfaces down and up

Hi Jack,

many thanks for your work. I'm still interested in hearing back from
you. Is there anything I can do to help?

Also I would not mind losing hardware VLAN assistance should it be the only=
 way.

BTW, what about MAC addresses? Is the card reset when a MAC address changed=
?

Thanks!

Igor

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 12:18 AM, Vogel, Jack <jack.vogel@intel.com> wrote:
> Hmmm, I'll have to take a look at the code, and if I hadn't done it by no=
w there might be some reason I couldn't, or hell, maybe I just forgot :) =
=C2=A0Will let you know.

> Jack

 to change this behavior because Jack has checked in changes to igb that ma=
ke me think that our change is not correct. =C2=A0Or, at least, that he's p=
robably working on fixing ixgbe the right way. =C2=A0Jack, are you planning=
 to copy the reorganization of igb_setup_vlan_hw_support() over to ixgbe_se=
tup_vlan_hw_support?

> -Andrew
>
> On Jun 28, 2011, at 4:02 PM, Igor Anishchuk wrote:
>
>> Hi Andrew,
>>
>> could you please share the patch as I'm dying with this problem.
>>
>> What makes it worse is that on a busy router the DOWN/UP of the
>> interfaces causes the ixgbe card to lose all network access until the
>> box is rebooted. I can reproduce it easily on a variety of hosts from
>> both HP and Dell. Therefore a patch that would not cause the card to
>> reset would help a lot.
>>
>> -- Igor
>>
>> On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 8:58 PM, Andrew Boyer <aboyer@averesystems.com> =
wrote:
>>> I have a patch that will fix this. =C2=A0Please give me a little while =
to clean it up, and I will send it out on the list.