Date:      Sat, 26 Oct 2002 15:24:20 -0500
From:      "DaleCo Help Desk" <daleco@daleco.biz>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Robert Hall" <rjhalljr@starpower.net>
Subject:   Re: Starting natd

From: "Robert Hall" <rjhalljr@starpower.net>
To: <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Saturday, October 26, 2002 2:18 PM
Subject: Starting natd

> I'm setting up a FBSD 4.4 box as a gateway. I've got
>       natd_enable="YES"
>       natd_interface="ppp0"
> in rc.config, but I can't get natd to run without entering
>       natd -interface ppp0
> at the comand prompt. I assume this is a configuration problem, but
I've
> been through the files several times and can't find an error. Can
someone
> tell me how to get natd to run automatically?
>
> Bob Hall

Well, I'm no expert on NAT with FreeBSD, but
an oft-overlooked method of starting daemons is
via the "@reboot" command in the appropriate
crontab.  I think I saw it posted here recently,
in fact, maybe by Ceri, in regard to some other
"how do I start ..." question.  You might give it
a try, barring a deep quest for true knowledge :-)

Kevin Kinsey