Date:      Wed, 01 Jul 2009 09:20:38 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gustau_P=E9rez?= <gperez@entel.upc.edu>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with auth in policykit-gnome

  Hi,

  I'm having troubles using policykit-gnome. My system is a clean 7.2
STABLE, all ports removed and recompiled clean. If I log as
a normal user if I try to change some actions doesn't bring me the
auth dialog. If I log as root, I can change everything. If I
 remember well I thing the same happened with CURRENT, but can't
confirm it right now.

   I checked 'policykit -> Modify defaults for implicit
authorization', which gave me 'Admin Authentication' (the default value).

   My ${LOCALBASE}/etc/PolicyKit/PolicyKit.conf allows root to do
anything and defines an admin group. If I add a user
 and allow him to do anything, then it works. So that made me think
policyit-gnome was to blame.

   Anyone can confirm this behaviour ? In case someone does, I have a
patch for the port (based on a patch in ubuntu) which seems
 to fix the problem I can send a pr with the patch If anyone confirms
this.

   Greets,

   Gus

~