Date:      Sat, 14 Mar 2009 21:55:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      bob@vesterman.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GELI full disk, booting from thumb drive - can't get to /usr?

Whoops - two mistakes in my original email:

First, the following fstab line is a typo (in my original email, not in
my actual fstab):

/dev/ad11.elif   /disk2  ufs     rw         2 0

It actually ends in a "2", not a "0".

Second, when I typed the following:

"Here is my fstab, which is the same in /boot/etc of my thumb drive and
/boot/etc of the thing on the hard drive that should get mounted as root"

The copies of fstab are actually in "/etc", not "/boot/etc".  This is true
for both the thumb drive and the hard drive.