Date:      Wed, 1 Jul 2009 23:24:20 +0200
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Harald Weis <hawei@free.fr>
Subject:   Re: Vulnerability question

--yrj/dFKFPuw6o+aM

On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 11:05:28PM +0200, Harald Weis wrote:
> > > How do you do that precisely ?
> > > ``WITH_REALPLAYER=3Dno'' in /etc/make.conf ?
> >=20
> > cd /us/ports/multimedia/mplayer
> > make config
> > Scroll down to the "REALPLAYER  Enable real player plugin" line
> > <SPACE> to un-check the line
> > <TAB><ENTER>
> > make
> > make deinstall
> > make reinstall
> > make clean
> >=20
> > Or use 'portupgrade -f' AFTER the 'make config'.
>=20
> That's not what I meant.
> Every time I do ``portsnap fetch update'' mplayer's Makefile contains
> the ``real player plugin'' option set to ``on''.
> If for some reason I've got to reinstall mplayer with (my preferred)
> ``portmaster --force-config [-d|-D] multimedia/mplayer'', then
> I would like to have the realplay option already unchecked.
<snip>
> I thought the WITH_REALPLAYER=3Dno line in make.conf could do this job,

The config values given in the Makefile are defaults. If you change
them, the options values are saved in /var/db/ports/<portname>/options. The=
se
values override the defaults, and you will not be shown the dialog again
unless extra options have been added to the Makefile or --force-config is u=
sed.

Another method is to put variables in /etc/make.conf, but to prevent mistak=
es
you should only put those varialbes in /etc/make.conf that are not
supported by options. E.g. for mplayer I have the following in make.conf:

=2Eif ${.CURDIR:M*/multimedia/mplayer}
WITH_DVD_DEVICE=3D/dev/cd1
WITH_CDROM_DEVICE=3D/dev/cd1
=2Eendif

The if-construction is used to set these variables only when invoked in
the mplayer port directory, to prevent possible conflicts with other ports.
These particular variables have to be set in make.conf because the
options mechanism currently only supports yes/no values.

Roland
--=20

--yrj/dFKFPuw6o+aM

--yrj/dFKFPuw6o+aM--