Date:      Tue, 10 Mar 1998 11:05:44 +0900 (JST)
From:      hosokawa@ntc.keio.ac.jp (HOSOKAWA Tatsumi)
To:        yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
Cc:        mike@smith.net.au, walter@fortean.com, am@amsoft.ru, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, hosokawa@ntc.keio.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: APM power off (patch)

In article <199803100132.KAA24025@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp writes:

>> It means that we had better formulate a framework in which both can be
>> implemented and work in a standardized manner, right?

-current has already had APM power-off feature.  I've also implemented
it in extended at_shutdown() manner for PAO, but -current uses
i386/machdep.c.

I think both implementations are reasonable, so I have no plan to
replace -current code with mine or something else.  Sorry.

--
HOSOKAWA, Tatsumi
Network Technology Center