Date:      Fri, 27 Apr 2001 08:14:21 -0700
From:      bmah@freebsd.org (Bruce A. Mah)
To:        Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>, "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@freebsd.org>, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [RFC] RELNOTESng for 5-CURRENT

--==_Exmh_-1828447534P

If memory serves me right, Dima Dorfman wrote:

> > I think this, as a whole, is a non-problem.  It's trivial to script a
> > daily build of the release notes and mirror it to the FTP site (and/or
> > include it in the twice daily build of the web site).
>
> I'll see about hooking it into the web site when it's committed.

Cool, thanks!

> > > I got the impression that this would not be hard.  They don't need to
> > > have all of src/ checked out, and if enough people complain about it, we
> > > can probably make another module which is just the RELNOTESng part of
> > > src/release.
> >
> > I think that would be a definite requirement.  We could even make
> > release/ a top level directory, alongside src/, doc/, and ports/.

If and when we do an MFC of RELNOTESng, we'll need a couple of different
release/ directories (or maybe subdirectories of release/) to handle
5-CURRENT and 4-STABLE.  I'll defer to the people who design the Web
site for this one.  (I'm presuming that release/ refers to a directory
where documents live on the Web site, or the directory that the Web
servers will use to build the RELNOTESng files, not a new directory in
the CVS repo.)

[dependencies between www/, doc/, and release/]

> Ideally, having www/ would imply having doc/.  releases/ or
> src/release/ can be optional.

Modulo the actual names of these directories, this seems pretty
reasonable.  (I though that www/ already depended on doc/ but I guess I
was mistaken.)

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_-1828447534P

--==_Exmh_-1828447534P--