Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 1996 13:45:37 +0200
From:      Lars Koeller <Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de>
To:        dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu, freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: colorls utility

   Hi!

> On Mon, 10 Jun 1996, Randy DuCharme wrote:
>
> >      I've just installed colorls from 2.1 release.  I added "alias ls
> > colorls -G" to my .cshrc.  It works fine until I do a "ls - <switch>
> > |more.  If I use more I get the ANSI escape sequence and not the color.
> > Is there a way around this?
>
> No, AFAIK.  Try making a 'quiet' ls alias, I guess.  Or find a 'quiet'
> colorls switch that will override -G.
>
> Don't really know...just some guesses.

      It's quite easy.  Simply install less out of the ports collection and
   then create a shell script 'llm'

      colorls -Ggl $* | less -r

   Works quite well for me.

   Regards

   Lars

Lars Köller                      Phone:  +49 381/498-1665, Fax: -1667
Universität Rostock              E-Mail:
Fachbereich Physik                 Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.Uni-Rostock.DE
Universitätsplatz 3              Anonymous ftp:
18051 Rostock (Germany)            ftp://odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de/pub