Date:      Wed, 8 Jun 2011 08:21:47 +0000
From:      Alexander Best <arundel@freebsd.org>
To:        Mark Felder <feld@feld.me>
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: flashplayer amd64(?) issues persist

On Tue Jun  7 11, Mark Felder wrote:
> Ok guys, I really don't know what to say. I wish someone could come stare
> at my box and witness this because it seems like I'm the only person in
> existence to have this problem. I've tried -stable, I've tried different
> flash player / browser / nvidia driver combinations, flash config settings
> in the mms.cfg, etc etc and I cannot make this problem go away. I've
> posted pictures before, and it has to do with active flashplayer videos
> (mostly youtube videos) somehow bleeding into other apps. You can even
> minimize the browser window and the video is still floating there
> invisible where it was before you minimized -- just put a terminal window
> over that area and you can see it again as if you enabled background
> transparency on the terminal. Open a new tab in the browser and the flash
> video from the previous tab just starts bleeding through. Very weird.

i experienced similar problems. what worked for me was to open a flash video
(let's say on youtube), then go into the flash settings by right clicking and
then disabling the hardware acceleration.

afterwards close your browser, verify that no flash zombies exist (via ps e.g.)
and restart your brwoser. that should take care of the articfacts.

cheers.
ales

btw: switching to the console via ctrl+alt+F1 and then back again to X (+F9)
also gets rid of the artifacts until a new flash instance gets started.

--
a13x