Date:      Tue, 13 Sep 2011 19:24:02 +0200
From:      Rafael NAVAZA <rnavaza@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Intel 82573E NIC and BMC with FreeBSD 8

Hi there=2C

I added a M3291 BMC on a TYAN S5197 motherboard and I'm trying to make it w=
ork with FreeBSD 8.

I first tried to set it up with Linux=2C and it was pretty annoying ...
What TYAN DID say to do is :

- DOS=2C flash the S5197 Motherboard with the latest BIOS=20
- DOS=2C flash the M3291 BMC with the correct Firmware
- DOS=2C flash the Intel NIC (82573E) EEProm to enable IPMI
- DOS=2C configure the MAC/IP of the BMC (I choose a BMC MAC different from=
 the NIC MAC=2C and of course an IP different from the host)
- LINUX=2C "modprobe ipmi_si type=3Dkcs ports=3D0xca8 irqs=3D0 regspacings=
=3D4"

All that is correct but not sufficient because I can only access to the BMC=
 locally !!!
WHAT TYAN FORGOT TO SAY IS :

- DOS=2C declare the BMC MAC on the Intel NIC (82573E) EEProm "eeupdate.exe=
 /NIC=3D1 /MNGMAC=3D00:E0:81:XX:XX:XX"
- LINUX=2C "modprobe e1000e CrcStripping=3D0"

Now it works with Linux :D

Now it is the FreeBSD turn :)

Well=2C it doesn't work "as is" ... :

- FREEBSD=2C "kldload ipmi" -> doesn't give access to the BMC locally
- FREEBSD=2C "ifconfig_em0=3DDHCP" -> makes the BMC to stop responding

My question : is there any equivalent in FreeBSD of the Linux kernel parame=
ters that I have previously used ?

Any help would be appreciated =3B)=20

Regards=2C
Rafael NAVAZA.