Date:      Wed, 07 Jul 2027 12:02:22 +0200
From:      Sean Rhodes <ffkrz@iafrica.com>
Subject:   PORTS problems: How to remove port with lots of dependencies???

I need help desperately.... I have been downloading all the required
ports for Gnome, and all of them were installing fine until last
night...

I installed the latest glib port, but didn't remove the old one(I don't
think I would have been able to, anyway, as a lot of pkg's depend on
it).
Then, when I tried to install gnomevfs ('make'), I got the message that
I don't have glib installed...

I then went and did a 'make deinstall' for the new glib, and a
'pkg_delete -f' for the old one (the old one was installed as a package
I believe). I then reinstalled the new glib port, tried to build the
gnomevfs port again, but got the same error...

The same is happening for 'gdk-pixbuf', and I also had 2 versions of
this one installed.

So what can I do?