Date:      Sun, 11 Jul 2004 19:22:12 -0500
From:      <dloomis@fpceldorado.org>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Senao pcmcia cards

I have been trying (quite unsuccessfully) to get my Teletronics/Senao
NL-2500CD+ radio cards running on a Soekris net4521 to work under FreeBSD
(M0n0wall and WiFiBSD).  M0n0 uses ver. 4.9 while WiFi used 5.2-current.  I
get strong radio signal, but no connections.  I have tried just about every
setting available, but no joy.

I have been told on other lists that the problem is with the firmware
version on the cards.  I flashed them some time back with firmware v.1.7.4.
I have been told that only v. 1.5.6 and earler work with FreeBSD.  That
sounded rather strange since the same cards work just fine under Linux on
the very same hardware.  Can there be THAT much difference between the
drivers in Freebsd and Linux?

If what I have been told is correct, is it possible to re-flash the cards
with the earlier firmware version or is that a no-no?  I would like to use a
Freebsd-based system on my router at the church without having to opt for
the newer Atheros-based cards just now (which does work well).

Dr. Daniel Loomis
First Presbyterian Church
El Dorado, AR