Date:      Mon, 15 May 2006 19:55:33 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        "David Kirchner" <dpk@dpk.net>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Add some more information in the ktrace(1)/kdump(1) output

Quoting "David Kirchner" <dpk@dpk.net> (Wed, 19 Apr 2006 13:39:52 -0700):

> I'm working with Alexander Leidinger <netchild@freebsd.org> on the
> ktrace project mentioned on the ideas page. I've attached a patch,
> made against 6.1-RC (and should work against -CURRENT). The patch
> modifies kdump output to use strings instead of numbers for every(I
> believe) relevant syscall.

[example]

> I'd appreciate any feedback you may have. This is just one half of the
> project; the other half will involve updating the kernel to include
> more data in the dump output. I'm thinking, specifically, adding
> KTR_STAT for stat() results and KTR_SOCKADDR for connect(), bind()
> arguments, and accept() results.

Because lack of time David isn't able to work further on this.

Shall we commit the code as is and change the entry on the ideas page
to read this thread and implement the suggested changes?

Or shall we just change the ideas page and wait until someone picks
this up and makes the changes, before we commit this?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
                   Press every key to continue.