Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 1997 10:23:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   JAZ drives caveats?

Heya folks,

I fumbled through the mail archives for a while looking for a simple
answer to this and finally gave up...I'm sure my answer is there, but I
can't find the quick 'n' simple answer...

I'm interested in putting a JAZ drive on a FreeBSD box.  Any caveats with
JAZ drives?  Things like:  Do they spin down and jam my PC up, do they
eject happily when asked to, anything else I should know about?

A buddy is thinking about getting one and I'd just like to get the
low-down on what works and what doesn't work so we're not surprised after
he drops $700+ for a drive+media.

Happy trails,

Brian