Date:      Sun, 29 Jun 1997 14:10:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Samy Touati <lmcsato@lmc.ericsson.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFS on 2.2.2

Hi,

I'm planning to use a 2.2.2 machine as a mail server in an entirely sun
based using sunos and solaris 2 network (approxiamtely 1000 machines).
I'll be using a pentium pro 180 machine with a SCSI adapter to do the job
with a 100Mbs network card (SMC 9332).

Is this a feasible task: a freebsd server serving this number of clients ?
Is it ok to use a mixture of nfs ver 2 and ver 3 on the fbsd server?
Is there any special options (read size/write size) that I should specify
to be able to get optimal performance ?

Thanks for the reply
Samy