Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 2013 20:57:55 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bernhard_Fr=F6hlich?= <decke@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jason bacon <jwbacon@tds.net>
Cc:        vbox@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with compat9x

Am 16.12.2013 19:40 schrieb "Jason Bacon" <jwbacon@tds.net>:

> Are you aware that the latest VirtualBox won't start on 10.0 is compat9x
is installed?

> Compat9x is required by openjdk7, BTW.  Removing openjdk7 and compat9x
eliminates the problem.  Reinstalling them brings it back. I tried
installing virtualbox-ose using pkg and from source with the same results.

> Regards,
>
>     Jason
> ~~~~~~~~~~
>
> FreeBSD oyster bacon ~/Books/Computer-books/HPC/Common 403: VirtualBox
> VirtualBox: Error -610 in supR3HardenedMainInitRuntime!
> VirtualBox: dlopen("/usr/local/lib/virtualbox/VBoxRT.so",) failed:
/usr/local/lib/compat/libstdc++.so.6: version GLIBCXX_3.4.15 required by
/usr/local/lib/virtualbox/VBoxRT.so not found

> VirtualBox: Tip! It may help to reinstall VirtualBox.
>
> FreeBSD oyster bacon ~/Books/Computer-books/HPC/Common 408: pkg info
virtualbox-ose 'compat*'
> virtualbox-ose-4.2.20_1
> compat9x-amd64-9.2.902000.201310
>
> FreeBSD oyster bacon ~/Books/Computer-books/HPC/Common 409: uname -a
> FreeBSD oyster.jbacon.dyndns.org 10.0-RC1 FreeBSD 10.0-RC1 #0 r259068:
Sat Dec  7 17:45:20 UTC 2013 root@snap.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
 amd64

Yes I am aware of that and if you look at the commit history you will see
that I have tried to fix that issue with the last commit. It has fixed the
issue for a couple of vbox binaries (VBoxSVC, VBoxManage) but some are
still broken. (VBoxHeadless, VirtualBox)

The conflicts entry for compat9x was there already and I will need to add
it again as it seems.