Date:      Tue, 10 May 2016 23:12:07 -0400
From:      Eric McCorkle <eric@metricspace.net>
To:        Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Problem with objcopy corrupting section names

I've been head-down in my boot/loader project (as well as at work), but I've=
 basically confirmed that this is an issue with the tool chain.  I can repro=
duce it reliably, and I have a workaround.  It seems to manifest when the -j=
 option is used and some sections are omitted.

My changes are pulling the filesystem backend code over from loader into boo=
t, which seemed to add some new sections.

There's a simple enough workaround though (don't omit sections), and I want t=
o keep up my current momentum on this stuff.  I'll circle back around once I=
've got this project ready for testing.

> On May 4, 2016, at 09:23, Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org> wrote:
>=20
>> On 2 May 2016 at 18:25, Eric McCorkle <eric@metricspace.net> wrote:
>>=20
>> I've run into a weird problem where the section names are seemingly being=
 corrupted for boot1. The process to reproduce this should be simple: just b=
uild boot1 and then do objdump -x boot1.efi and you should see that the sect=
ion names are corrupted.