Date:      Sat, 8 Dec 2001 10:54:44 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <charon@labs.gr>
To:        Romain Berrendonner <romain@cuivre.fr.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CTM initial steps

Hello Romain,

On 2001-11-28 21:36:54, Romain Berrendonner wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> 	I got a very limited bandwidth towards the Internet, but
> would like to keep in touch with -STABLE anyway. According to the
> handbook, the best way to do that is CTM. My only problem
> is that the last xempty file is 72MB big, which means a 4 hours download
> for me. Since I got a full 4.4-RELEASE /usr/src, it's a big waste of
> bandwidth.
>
> 	So, how can I know which deltas I have to fetch in order to
> turn a 4.4-RELEASE source tree into a -STABLE ?

... since nobody else seems to have replied (or I missed the entire
thread), let me try to help a bit:

Perhaps it's not what you wanted, but you should give CVSup a try.
I am using it to keep my sources in sync with the FreeBSD CVS
repository, and it takes less than 5-10 minutes to update the entire
CVS repository over a somewhat slow line (28.8 Kbit/s).

The handbook has instructions on using CVSup to keep your sourcs
updated.  You might care to giv it a try.

-giorgos