Date:      Sat, 22 Jun 2002 01:13:00 +0200
From:      Alex <freebsd-reply@akruijff.dds.nl>
To:        mingo lu <freebiebsd@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: fixit???

Dear mingo,

Friday, June 21, 2002, 7:45:03 PM, you wrote:

ml> Hi;

ml> I messed up my system and am trying to use "fixit.flp" to fix the problem. so I booted up and got into fixit mode. what is next? how can I mount the "/" of the hard drive to /mnt?

ml> tia

ml> _mingo

ml> ---------------------------------
ml> Do You Yahoo!?
ml> Sign-up for Video Highlights of 2002 FIFA World Cup

I'm assuming you have a IDE hardisk and thus use the ata driver.

This is how your /etc/fstab could look:

/dev/ad0s1b                     none            swap    sw                      0       0
/dev/ad0s1a                     /               ufs     rw                      1       1
/dev/ad0s1e                     /usr            ufs     rw                      2       2
/dev/ad1s1f                     /var            ufs     rw                      2       2
/dev/ad1s1g                     /tmp            ufs     rw,nodev,nosuid         2       2

In this case the following will give your / back. The editing util vi
is located somewhere in /usr/local so mounting /usr will be usefull
to.

mount /dev/ad0s1a /
cat /etc/fstab
mount /dev/ad0s1e /usr

--
Best regards,
Alex

The FreeBSD handbook
www.freebsd.org/handbook

How to get best results from the FreeBSD- questions mailing list
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/freebsd-questions/index.html

Alternative:
http://www.lemis.com/questions.html