Date:      Sat, 4 Mar 2006 22:13:06 +0300
From:      Yar Tikhiy <yar@comp.chem.msu.su>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   BIND incompatibility

Hi there,

Just want to remind about a problem I've finally run into myself.
There has been a lot of gossip on it, but next to no tech details.
Namely, BIND8 will go nuts and spit out tons of error messages per
second if its forwarder happens to be BIND9 and "forwarders only"
is not in effect.  The error message reads:

	sysquery: no addrs found for root NS

I saw that after two my DNS servers had been upgraded today along
their respective branches, 4-STABLE and 6-STABLE, which had involved
no changes to named.conf or named.root.

Has anybody got links to tech details why the trouble happens?
Sorry, today I had little time for debugging and tcpdumping, just
had to make sure it all worked by the end of the day :-)

--
Yar