Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 2000 07:43:49 GMT
From:      "Ian Hunter" <ihunter@hotmail.com>
To:        cjclark@alum.mit.edu, ihunter@hotmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NATD rules ignored, Faking the outside & bpfilter with Samba

> > The other parts of the subject? Well on my travels it would have been
>nice
> > to have faked an outside connecting client (ie a connection coming in
> > through tun0). Is there a way of doing this?
>
>Huh?

In order to trace this, I had to get a friend to contact my system from
outside, this was inconvenient - wondering if I can fake the same. Your
response suggests there isn't a way.

>[snip]

> > [I think I've given all necessary info...please let me know if I should
>give
> > more]
>
>If you are starting natd through rc.conf, could we see that? You are
>actually loading the natd.conf somewhere, right?
>
>   natd_flags="-f /etc/natd.conf"

The example sent was run from CL by :-

natd -v -f natd.conf

natd.conf is a local simplified version as given in previous mail. If I
place a syntax error in natd.conf, then natd failed to run, so it was being
read.

Many Thanks
Ian