Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 1999 18:26:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@oracle.dsuper.net>
To:        Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with fork() in 3.1

Replace execvp() with execvl("./d2c","d2c",NULL,NULL); and the problem
should be fixed.

You may also try adding dup2()s before the close()s in your parent,
although I don't think it's necessary here...

Regards,
Bosko M.

--
Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@supernet.ca>  http://www.supernet.ca/~bmilekic/
Delphi SuperNet     voice: (+1) 514 281-7500     fax: (+1) 514 281-6599

On Tue, 23 Mar 1999, Mark Ovens wrote:

> Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 13:08:08 +0000
> From: Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
> To: hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Problem with fork() in 3.1
>
> Hi,
>
> Firstly, my apologies if this is an inappropriate question to post
> here, but I have asked in -questions and received no response and I am
> completely stumped. If anyone could spare a couple of minutes to look
> at this for me I would be very grateful (my learning curve is
> currently flat-lining).
>
> I have been learning about Inter Process Comms and have written the 2
> progs included below. It all worked under 2.2.8 however when I u/g to
> 3.1-R (from the CD) it no longer works :-(.
>
> Under 2.2.8 the output was:
>
>   % demo
>   RESULT! - Circumference-106.814150
>   %