Date:      Mon, 19 Jul 2004 01:25:34 -0400
From:      Brian Fundakowski Feldman <green@FreeBSD.org>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   lockups with src/tools/regression/gaithrstress

Running with or without kern.smp.disabled, with a very up-to-date kernel,
I can easily lock up the system by running gaithrstress -t 50 a few times
at once.  There is nothing special that has changed in the last few weeks,
though I have extensive changes to kqueue and VM which I consider entirely
stable at this point.  Anything causing a problem like this seems like it's
due to changes within the last few weeks.

The only clue I have comes from a previous panic() (which promptly just
locked up going into "KDB: enter: panic"), "kse/thread mismatch" as
generated by choosethread().  The connect() system call was trying to
do an mi_switch() inside a mtx_lock() at the time.

  <> green@FreeBSD.org                               \  The Power to Serve! \