Date:      20 Sep 2002 20:01:55 -0700
From:      John Merryweather Cooper <john_m_cooper@yahoo.com>
To:        erk <tapeworm@insekta.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/43142: New port: AlsaPlayer is an audio player with pitch control and a GNOME GUI

Well, I appreciate that not everyone is a GNOME user, but www/plugger is
also designed for a graphical environment.

I would be happy to create a KDE version of www/plugger, but I need more
information about where Konqueor wants it's plugins.  Also, a list of
nominated KDE apps to take the place of the mostly GNOME ones would be
appreciated (since the author of plugger provides no support for KDE on
his site).  I'd even be will to create a plain-vanilla version of
plugger, although it's going to have somewhat limited functionality, if
I can get some support on what such a configuration should look like
(and which help applications should get called) so I can test it.

But the default www/plugger is going to be GNOME oriented because the
author is GNOME oriented.  :)

jmc

         _
  | |V| / '                       ||  MacroHard --                   \
\_| | | \_,                       ||     the perfection of form over |
----------------------------------||     substance, marketing over   |
Web:  http://www.borgsdemons.com  ||     performance, and greed over |
AIM:  johnmcooper                 ||     design . . .                |
Yahoo:  john_m_cooper             ||                                 |