Date:      Thu, 04 May 95 15:54:00 PDT
From:      Plyaskin Sergey <splyaski@cmp.com>
To:        "'kschmidt@isd.tandem.com'" <kschmidt@isd.tandem.com>
Cc:        questions <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: SNAP-950412

2) How can the Boot Manager be removed non-destructively from disk 1 (my C:
   drive allocated to DOS only)? If so, how?

   fdisk /mbr

4) Are you aware that doing a (W)rite _after_ (A)ssigning partition types
will
   lock-up the installation process? (Have to ctrl-c to break out) Possible
   install bug?

   I did the same thing, and it did not lock up. This is probably a
   hardware-specific problem.

  Do you use OS-BS boot manager? I'm happy with it (I use osbs20b8). Btw, I
have
  almost the same configuration: 486DX2/66 with WD340A and WD540A hard
disks.
  The only difference (and I think it matters) is that I use the smaller
disk solely for
  Windows and the larger one for FreeBSD.

  regards,

 -Serge