Date:      Sun, 3 Jul 2011 14:40:13 -0500
From:      Brandon Gooch <jamesbrandongooch@gmail.com>
To:        Adrian Minta <gygy@stsnet.ro>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 8.2 and MPD5 stability issues - update

On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 2:15 PM, Adrian Minta <gygy@stsnet.ro> wrote:
> After looking in the mpd log file I found out that this message appear
> when calls are dropped:
> Jul =A03 21:21:21 lns mpd: Daemon overloaded, ignoring request.
> Jul =A03 21:21:22 lns mpd: Daemon overloaded, ignoring request.
> Jul =A03 21:21:23 lns mpd: Daemon overloaded, ignoring request.
> Jul =A03 21:21:23 lns mpd: Daemon overloaded, ignoring request.
> Jul =A03 21:21:24 lns mpd: Daemon overloaded, ignoring request.
> Jul =A03 21:21:24 lns mpd: Daemon overloaded, ignoring request.
>
> Does anybody knows where this limit is set in mpd5 ?
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Adrian Minta =A0 =A0MA3173-RIPE

So it seems that the concept of overloading is set and controlled by a
couple of macros, SETOVERLOAD and OVERLOAD defined in the mpd5 ppp.h
source file.

Read through the source and see if you can determine where you're
hitting the error message and work back from there:

brandon@m6500:/usr/ports/net/mpd5/work/mpd-5.5/src$ grep "Daemon overloaded=
" *
l2tp.c:         Log(LG_PHYS, ("Daemon overloaded, ignoring request."));
pppoe.c:                Log(LG_PHYS, ("Daemon overloaded, ignoring request.=
"));
pptp.c: Log(LG_PHYS, ("Daemon overloaded, ignoring request."));
tcp.c:          Log(LG_PHYS, ("Daemon overloaded, ignoring request."));
udp.c:          Log(LG_PHYS, ("Daemon overloaded, ignoring request."));

You may have to mess around with setting values defined in the source,
for example in the mpd5 source file msg.c, there is defined:

#define       MSG_QUEUE_LEN   8192

...of course you should understand where and how this is applied
before setting it to some arbitrary number -- it may not even be the
correct value to change.

That's not much help, but maybe it will point you in the direction...

-Brandon