Date:      Fri, 30 Dec 1994 19:44:30 +0100
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   digital hard drive problem (non FreeBSD specific)

During some machine reconfiguration that was due for long and
I have now found some time for I need some help from maybe someone
familiar with DEC SCSI hard drives. I took a drive (RZ25-E,
I believe a 500 MB drive, 3.5" full height)
out of an ALPHA machine and want to connect it to a combi SCSI
aic6360/IDE controller but - no-go.

The drive is not recognized by the controllers firmware. I remember the
same problem occured once I tried to connect this thingy to a
AH 1542B.
This may be a jumpering problem but I don't have any documentation for
that drive.
P/N is digital 940002-035. It does not have any jumpers on the
bottom PCB, instead accessible from the side a 8 positions jumper row
and a three pos jumper row at the other side (the latter probably
for a remote ID switch - dunno)

Anyone with a data sheet out there?

Thanks.

And a happy - with respect to FreeBSD, fruitful - New Year.

--Chris  Christoph P. U. Kukulies    kuku@acds.physik.rwth-aachen.de
FreeBSD 2.0.1-Development #0: Wed Nov  2 23:00:17  1994
    root@mvx1b1:/usr/src/sys/compile/JAZZ