Date:      Wed, 12 Aug 1998 18:46:33 -0400
From:      Giao Nguyen <grail@sysabend.org>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, Peter van Heusden <pvh@leftside.wcape.school.za>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Moving ahead with LDAP

Mike Smith said:

> This seems to parallel work that was being done by another party whose
> name has been eaten by my mailer (Giao, you know who you are).

Damn he's persistent :)

> Are there any portable LDAPv3 servers available?  Is the UMich server
> at a developmental dead-end?

In the exact order asked. I can't think of any except for UMich* and I
hope not. There will be some significant ripping aparts to get it to v3
and it'll require some significant chunks of work. I've reached the same
state as Peter (well, except for the port part. I haven't put together
the files for that, but it's not v3 yet so what's the point?).

I am lagging behind in where and how the code is fully laid out. However,
God willing I'll be caught up in a few weeks. It's always useful to talk
your manager into getting you involved in projects that has your interest.
I swear nothing is as boring as web enabling <insert web not-yet-enabled
application here>.

Giao

* By available I assume that you mean "freely available".