Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 1997 21:36:47 -0700
From:      "Thomas D. Dean" <tomdean@ix.netcom.com>
To:        FreeBSDCurrent <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Make fails After Update Source Tree.

I fetched the CVS tree, last week.  make world completed OK.

I updated the CVS tree with -current.  The src-all part of the
update completed OK

make failed when building lib/libncurses/libncurses.a, complaining
about a missing version.h.  I did 'touch lib/libncurses/version.h'
and the build completed.  Is there a missing file?

make terminated with a fatal error:

===> bin/chmod
===> bin/cp
===> bin/csh
===> bin/date
cc -O -Wall   -c /usr/src/bin/date/date.c
/usr/src/bin/date/date.c: In function `setthetime':
/usr/src/bin/date/date.c:183: warning: implicit declaration of function
`strptime'
/usr/src/bin/date/date.c:183: warning: assignment makes pointer from
integer without a cast
cc -O -Wall   -c /usr/src/bin/date/vary.c
cc -O -Wall    -static -o date date.o netdate.o vary.o  -lutil
date.o: Undefined symbol `_strptime' referenced from text segment
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1
1 error

Where is strptime?  No man, No apropos, Not in /usr/lib/*