Date:      Sun, 13 May 2001 03:34:35 -0700
From:      "Robert L Sowders" <rsowders@usgs.gov>
To:        Patrick Klee <drwho@futureks.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Trying DESPEATELY to instal some kind of FreeBSD

What kind of modem is it?  External or internal? PCI or IDE?  Most IDE
modems had com port jumpers on the card.  Most PCI modems com ports are
decided by the bios or the OS.  You can try moving your modem to another
open slot and then in the bios resetting the ESCD.  You can also turn off
the bios feature that asks if you have a Plug and Play OS and set the IRQ
yourself.  Don't forget to reset the ESCD when you do.

Pay attention to the display when you first boot the CD and look for the
modem line.  Write down what it says and get back to us.

I'll take the Witchblade comics, she's hot.

Patrick Klee <drwho@futureks.net>
Sent by: owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
05/12/2001 06:13 PM